Sunday 19 July 2015

Back to the Grindstone

Well, I shouldn't really call it a grindstone. I've had 2 days off this week, some easy rides, and a couple of intense ones. Life is pretty good. Today I had 2 showers and a bunch of treats because it was so hot. No riding at all! I got it made.
Being so loved is exhausting
But I was enjoying my cool shower and Spode sprayed water up my nose, which I did not appreciate...
Ah! My nose, my nose! 

Stop laughing at me! I'm mad at you!!! 
Spode and I have a dressage show next week on Sunday, so we're back to practicing our tests. So of course, naturally, that included learning some extreme cowboy obstacles. Because, you know...
Our next dressage test could read "A Enter working trot, X halt salute, proceed over Teeter Totter at C"

Don't laugh, says Spode. It could happen. 
Spode always says I have ADD, but she has it more than I do I think. She comes to the barn and says "right. We need to step up our game and really work on these centrelines. We need to get your inside leg moving further underneath yourse--ooh, look! A seesaw! Let's try it out Gatsby!!" Yeah, ADD all over. I don't mind. It was fun, and we did a bit of dressage later. After trying to side pass and open a gate. 

Despite our lack of focus, my dressage is improving greatly and Spode is super happy. She's also super happy because my vision is improving a lot, and hopefully I won't have to be a pirate horse sometime soon. Before the show would be ideal... It's kind of embarrassing to be a bunch of strange horses while wearing the equivalent of a bag over my head. Oh the shame. Fitzgerald's Gatsby would never do such a thing, I'm sure. 
I'm much prettier with no blindfold!
I also got some pretty things to add to my bridle. Spode won them in a contest--they're a little bit feminine, in my opinion.... but my idol wears a pink suit, so I shouldn't talk.
A Daisy for my bridle, Spode's phone number for my saddle in case I lose her, and a heart for my halter because she loves me <3
So yeah, we have a plan for the rest of the week in hopes of staying focused on the show. But that's only 2 hours a day. In my spare time, I made some new friends--a pigeon! 
We shared a glass of water and chatted about Daisy.
I've also been playing my usual games and getting into everything. Spode just loves it.
This is a hint, Spode. Come back, put my halter on again, and let's do some dressage instead of goofing off bareback! Focus, old sport!
 
I won't complain about all the snacks I've been having though. I love my Spode time. 


Until later, old sports.

Jay.



No comments:

Post a Comment