Friday 8 November 2013

Back off and get your own treat-lady, Striker!!

So, a new guy arrived at the barn, and for some reason he's got Spode's attention...and my treats.  So not cool.

Spode arrived late on Thursday and used a flashlight to scout me out, and even then she was searching for this horse named Striker.  I had to wait to get my treats until he came over--such a drag. I was happy to see that she left him behind after that and took me into the barn by myself.  We had a pleasant time.  Or at least I did.  My entire right side was coated hoof to ears in mud.  Happy Thursday, Spode!

After she groomed me as best as she could, she let me out and I wandered off.  I figured she was peacing out for the night, but no!! She went and got Striker! I snorted and trotted over to express my opinion on the matter: Striker, back off and get your own child!

Alas, it didn't help.  She brought him into the barn and groomed him just like she did for me.
Good grief, now he's even taking over my blog!!

Today I got Spode for the most part because I had farrier trim #4.  I was a little fidgety, I admit.  But not too bad.  My feet are still looking hot, and the cracks are getting a little better.  Yay good hooves! I got Striker beat there. 

After she let me out, Spode brought Striker in again. Ugh.  When she let him back out again, I stared her down watching to see how many treats he got.  She tried to hide her hand behind her back, but I know he got a few.  Not fair.  I'll starve!

You can't lie to me, Spode.  Look into my eyes.  You're so cruel!

Still, I have to admit that this Striker fellow ain't such bad company.  He's a pretty fun guy because he's laid back like me. 


I'll fight you for her, Striker!
We also enjoyed playing a joke on Spode.  It was a team effort:
Good day, My name is Striksby. Whose bum is that anyway??

Hahaha! Fooled ya!
Okay, maybe this winter won't be so horrible after all.  Striker and I can share Spode for a short while, just so long as I get my fair share of treats (Or more than my fair share.  That's okay too!)

Tomorrow's schedule is more trotting poles, which I quite enjoy.  In a couple weeks Striker and I will be going out together for something called "ponying".  Huh.  But neither of us are ponies so...???


 Until later, Old Sports.

Jay (and Striker!).




No comments:

Post a Comment