Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day to You!

It's Valentine's Day! You may have noticed, Old Sports, that I've made numerous comparisons between my gal Spode and Fitzgerald's Daisy in the past.  It's true, my relationship with Spode shares some similarities with my namesake's relationship with Daisy.  On this Day of Love, I thought I would go into a bit more detail about ways in which they are similar and different. 

Number 1, both Gatsby and I are OBSESSED with our respective Daisy figures! Both Daisy figures live for that obsession.  If Gatsby were a horse, you can bet he'd run to the gate to see Daisy like I do.

Number 2, We can't be together all the time.  Spode and Daisy are both away a lot.  It sucks, but it leaves Gatsby and I ever hopeful. 

In many ways, Spode is not like Daisy though.  
Number 1, Spode does not have "a voice full of money".  Namely because she has no money left because of me.  You're welcome.  I've just saved you from a shallow life, Spode. 

Number 2, no adultery. 
Oh wait, but she really likes Striker too and does split her time between us...  Oh my god, this is not the realization you want to come to on Valentine's Day.  No!!!

Gatsby's face when Daisy says she loves Tom AND Gatsby: "You loved me... too?"
Despite the fact that she breaks my heart every time I see her lead Striker into the arena from my paddock, we had a great day today.  Lots of playing around and lots of TOMfoolery (haha).

I was seriously unimpressed with Spode's Valentine's day preparations though. Sheesh.  All she did was try and make a heart shape out of treats.
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, Spode, but you fail at life. That is simply not a recognizable heart. No wonder you've got no ambitions to teach kindergarten! You never made it past basic shapes!

But whatever, they still taste of love. 
After treats, Spode decided it was time to go in the arena and play around.  We did that for a bit, but we changed things up today.
Um, somehow this seems like an inappropriate pose for V day.  Just sayin'
Then Spode was VERY annoying and insisted on selfies.  Don't let her age fool you-Spode is still a teenager at heart.  I am more mature than her on most days, and I'm 2!

We had some terribly unsuccessful but amusing attempts:
Wait, let me get my nose in the picture too!

Your hair smells good enough to eat--please, take that as a compliment!
We did get a couple semi-successful ones.
#Gorgeous Gatsby
And some lovey dovey ones:
I'll always listen to you and you can always hug my neck and bury your nose in my mane when you need it.  Such is the vow of the horse-human relationship. And you will always tell me I'm worth every penny <3

Can I bury my nose in your neck too? 
You're kind of adorable. 
A fun selfie shoot despite the required patience.  Spode mostly laughed while I tried to eat her, so it's all good! We both got what we wanted. In the end, I love Spode, she loves me, so we're a happy couple.  So happy Valentine's Day, Old Sports! Go hug your horses! Or dogs, or cats, or, gasp, even your human significant others! 

Love (and treats!) for everyone! 

Yours truly,

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment