Tuesday 18 February 2014

Uveitis: It's Back

Well, Old Sports, my weekend was not fantastic.  Spode noticed that I had a bit of a squinty eye and my left pupil was unusually small.  Cue a visit from the vet today.

The vet gave me this very strange drug that made me feel super sleepy.  Spode had to hold me up and the barn workers had to steady me a few times.  I needed help walking to my stall after, too.  I don't know what it was, but I kinda like the feeling, to be honest... Just say no, Old Sports.

The vet poked my eyes a whole lot to measure the pressure of my eyes.  Too low in both eyes, apparently. I got a bunch of medication and a schedule of drops and painkiller for the next few weeks.  Oh joy.  The barn workers were just thrilled to hear the news.

Spode and the vet discussed surgery but in my woozy state I didn't really understand what the plan was.  Spode and the vet need to figure out more about that before anything happens, but it looks like I'll have to travel somewhere and have someone else poke at my eyes.  Yeesh.

So, not a great start to the week.  At least I have my friends.

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment