Friday 20 June 2014

Ten Days and Counting!

That's right, old sports! We made it to day ten!

Two vets came out to check me out today (I'm such a popular horse). Both eyes were thoroughly checked to make sure I'm as healthy as a horse that isn't me (Seriously, who came up with that saying!? I don't think anyone wants to be as healthy as me!). They stained my right eye and it didn't pick up any stain. There's a scar and there's still that weird splodge next to it. It's either calcification or another scar, but it doesn't look like it's going away. That doesn't bother me. They're fairly low down so it doesn't affect my vision much.


So after two weeks of ulcer meds in that eye, I'm done! 

Now, onto eye number two. It's a little bit blue, it's true. The vets looked it over carefully though and there's no actual evidence of uveitis... yet. Hey, I'll take what I can get! Maybe my cyclosporine implants are doing their job and fighting off the uveitis as I type (the surgery was DEFINITELY worth it, if that is the case!). Who knows. All I know is that for now, my eyes are fine. Do you understand how great this is, old sports!? Let me put it in plain words for you:

For the first time in FOURTEEN WEEKS, nobody is going to put any medication in my eyes tomorrow. No forcing my eye open, no coming in from the field all the time, no growling at me to hold still.  I'll be free! Man oh man, I can't wait. The sun will be shining and I will be one happy horse. I still have to have my disgusting painkiller and stomach supplement, but they don't go in my eyes so I don't really care.  Vet visit #1,000,000 was a happy one!  
Pupil is big even if my eye is a little hazy--huzzah!
Spode and I were all smiles after the vet left this evening. That means lots of grass for me! I'm sure we will be doing work tomorrow. None today because I had a big reaction to my rabies shot. It went from the size of Spode's fist, to the size of her open hand, to the size of both her hands yesterday. Thankfully it's started to go down today so we'll get back to training tomorrow. Spode says it's time for another ride. Fine by me. 
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Especially when you're in a sand ring! If only I was a little bit taller...

But this isn't so bad.

This is yummy!

Thanks a billion, Spode! 

Spode wasn't completely pleased with me today though. I lost my nose protector on my mask. She said for a small piece of material, it was uber expensive and it was actually keeping my nose from getting burnt. She spent half an hour scouring the field for it but no luck yet. Ha, I'll never tell (maybe I ate it!). She said she'll look with fresh eyes tomorrow. I was feeling extra spiteful and stared at her the whole time she was searching in my night paddock. 
You're getting warm, warmer, warmer... Ha, just kidding! You're cold, Spode. Freezing. 
Eventually Spode got tired and left me for the night. Senator and I whispered secrets to each other about how we could hide the rest of my mask tomorrow. Shhh!

So all in all, a great day! Hope tomorrow is just as good. 

Until later, Old Sports!

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment