Saturday 5 July 2014

Wake me up when September starts!

*Yawn*

It was Spode's week off this week. So that means it was the opposite for me. Well, actually it wasn't bad. Thanks to the heat at the beginning of the week, I had plenty of time off too. But I still got lots of Spode time, and I'm pooped! Even though a few days all she did was hose me down, spray me with fly stuff, and turn me out, it was still something.
Ugh, so hot...
The other thing that happened was a new pony arrived. She's 3 as well, and her name is Cookie. Spode is in love, and so am I. Meet my new girlfriend. Aren't you proud that I chose a filly my own age?
Well hello there, old sport. Can I call you Daisy?
Cookie is a bit of a Cookiemonster sometimes though. She may be my age but the difference in education is stark. We may not be compatible after all...

During the week off, Spode and I also celebrated Canada Day. Or rather, she celebrated and I suffered through it. 
Sometimes I wonder why I let you do this to me.
Of course there was plenty of time for goofing off, too.
Smile!

Ah, this is the life. 
But alas, as the heat went away and the week went on I did have to do some work. Spode took me ground driving in the fields for the first time. We're going to do that some more. It was pretty fun aside from the fact that she wouldn't let me eat grass. I got kind of annoyed at the fact that she wouldn't let me, so I got a bit angry at one point, but aside from that it was fun and different. 

I've done a couple of rides too, with one more scheduled for tomorrow. 
The first one was good. 

I'm such a pro! Even with wind and baby strollers!

But today's ride was not quite as smooth. No, not because I did anything like buck, bolt, or rear (ha! Me? Yeah right). It was because I kept stopping and refusing to move. It wasn't my fault. Spode tried to ride me during nap time. She made me trot around and then expected me to walk around carrying her. Say what!? It was all stop and start the whole time. Spode was unimpressed, but once she got off and untacked me, she felt sorry for me. 
I can't even keep my head up, mum. Just leave me alone to nap in peace!
Yeah, I was just so tired today. The horse flies were bad and I never got a proper rest all day. I just fell asleep while she ground tied me. Better luck tomorrow, I hope. She'd better come out earlier.

After that, I need a rest! You can go to Toronto for school anytime Spode...
Ah, that's better. 

Goodnight, Spode. 
To top it off, Spode has been teasing me about my recent weight gain. My new name? The Great Gutsby. Oh the shame. Leave me alone, horses don't have a swimsuit season.

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment