Friday 4 October 2013

Because Horse Owners Can't Have Egos...

Hello Old Sports!

I've gone and injured myself to get out of doing any ground-driving this weekend.  We'll see if my plan worked or not later.  The down side of my plan is cold-hosing.  Good god that's a nightmare.  I do not approve! Spode says I'll have to get used to it.  We did the Hose Dance today when Spode had to hold me and hose my leg at the same time.  We could totally do a tap dancing routine together.  Just you wait.  We'll add it to our dressage freestyle one day.  I'll be the first Clydesdale tap dancer in the world.  
20 minutes? Seriously!?
Spode groomed me to the nines yesterday since she didn't want me to do anything else with my leg.  She's very pleased (cough cough, so am I. Horses and vanity go hand in hand, at times) that my coat is looking much better.  I'm losing my summer coat and the new hair is much brighter and smoother.  Grain, worming, and supplements: what a difference they can make! I'm a new horse with a new name.  Hmm, remind you of anyone.  Yeah, Fitzgerald's Gatsby, of course.  Spode's not very original.  There are only so many allusions she can make.  And yes, she did teach me the difference between illusion and allusion, in case you're wondering.  The extra treats I thought she was carrying today, for example, were an illusion. Illusions suck.

Anyway, there were no illusions (or allusions, for that matter) today.  Yeah, I really did get an extra handful of treats! Play the pity card, Old Sports, play it hard.  Spode was worried since my leg was worse today, but I'm still not limping.  She took me into the barn and brushed me while she talked to the barn manager.  They discussed my future (I'm sick of talking about dressage already) and my dislike of hugs.  Spode was chuffed when the barn manager said she did a wonderful job of teaching me to stand and lead nicely.  She was pleased with Spode's training because I'm so easy to lead despite my size and will stop with hardly a tug.  I sensed that Spode was becoming pleased with herself.  You can never let your owner develop an ego.  Never!  So then she took me out to hose and I decided to walk all over herself and spin in circles.  Haha! That'll keep you humble. We even had some tango elements in today's dance.

For dinner I had a new addition to my food: Bute.  It was delish! I couldn't get enough! Spode says that, as I'm a susceptible teenager right now, I need to be educated about drug addictions.  She never wants to find me out at the back of the school--er, barn--hanging out with the accident-prone thoroughbreds eating Bute by the handful.  Ok, mum, whatever you say...

Hopefully my leg doesn't get better too fast, or I'll end up having to work tomorrow.  Hope that Bute doesn't work too quickly.

Ohhh, my leg hurts sooo much, mum! Treats?

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay.


No comments:

Post a Comment