Monday 14 October 2013

Will You Still Love Me When I'm No Longer Young and Beautiful?

For the Old Sports who haven't seen the new movie, here's your reference for my title today:

Young and Beautiful

Yeah, that's right.  I've watched the movie myself! Well, maybe not, but I have listened to the song!

Well, where was I? I had a great weekend! On Saturday and Sunday we did more ground driving, and I was sooooo good (yes, even according to Spode!).  I did walk, trot, and whoa perfectly.  It's the first time Spode and I have trotted while ground driving. All Spode had to do was jog in place and I quickly understood what she wanted. So many treats were forthcoming as a result.  Best. Day. Ever.

Spode had to wait a long time at the barn to work with me because the rings were busy, but I got to fool around while we waited, and eat of course.  It was awesome.  I was actually disappointed that Spode had to go in the end, it was such a good day.

 I liked yesterday better than I did today. Don't get me wrong, today was good too, but it tested my patience.  Spode brought me in, hosed off my legs, and then set to work.  Her mum joined in and helped brush off all the mud, and then Spode put my mane up into 8 fat braids in a jiffy.  Still, I did not enjoy having to stand still for so long.  My feathers got a slight trim again, too.   After that, I had to stand still while Spode wrapped my legs in these loooong strips of white fabric she called polos. Not much fun, but Spode said I was a good boy.  Then she put a big white pad on and a saddle.  Argh.  Hooves were polished, and then Spode tried to put my bridle on.  I had hit my limit at that point, so I tried to run away when she slipped my halter off.  Took Spode for a little jaunt down the aisle before she stopped me and put me in my place.

Then we took photos.  Story of my life.
One braid fell out right away.  What else do you expect from a 10 minute braid job, Spode?  We got ourselves sorted again soon enough.
Hello world!
Well, sort of sorted out.  Dressing up can only go so far--Spode is still Spode and I am still me.
Shake, shake, shake!
Spode was pretty pleased with how fancy I was looking though, when I wasn't shaking. 

Gatbsy's the name.  Jay Gatsby.
The sand was ever so slightly wet and looked oh so good for rolling, so rather than worrying about it, Spode decided to take off the saddle before I broke the tree.  I boogied. 



And then I got to eat grass. Spode wasn't too pleased that I was eating in my new bridle, but she wasn't about to win that battle...

So, will Spode "still love me when I've got nothing but my aching soul?"  Yeah, I would say so...  But she's pretty pleased with how I am right now, too! My head is inflating as I type. I'm just smokin'! 

More adventures next weekend.  I only have two days away from my Spode this week because of Thanksgiving.  And yes, I am thankful.

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

1 comment: