Sunday 6 October 2013

Wind=Play!

It was a cold, wet day today, but I still found ways to have fun.  Unlike yesterday, which was bright and sunny, sure, but also boring! My leg was still sore and swollen so Spode hosed me again.  I stood stock still this time, no dancing for me.  Then she brushed me, put on my bridle, and took me out for grass.  Yeah, I enjoyed it, but we need to jazz things up a bit here! She forgets my need for jazz.  What else would you expect from a horse named after an icon from the Jazz Age? Get it together, lady.
We all know I'm handsome by now. What else is new?

Spode is very excited to climb on my back, but that's a year away and I need something to do in the meantime!
Patience.
Her version of excitement? Seeing my belly spot grow from this:

To this:
I have a complete stripe now, it's true
So yeah, Saturday was just dull.  Today I decided to mix things up a bit.

My leg is all better now, so Spode decided to let me loose in the arena while it rained to see if it spooked me.  I have to admit it did make me poop myself at first, but then I got over it.  And then I started to play...



WEEEEEE! 
I really, really wanted to play with Spode, but she didn't like that one bit.  She got mad, put away the camera, and I had to run  some more until I could act like a sensible equine.  Sigh.  No fun at all. Spode says I'm 1060 lbs right now, and she wants nothing to do with a roughhousing toddler that size.  

Despite all the running, I was pretty spooky and excitable for the rest of our day. Sammy the cat jumped up on the hay bale next to me and made me jump out of my skin.  I am not a cat horse.  Sammy better watch that I don't stomp him one of these days...
Yeah, yeah, Sammy...just climb down here and I'll show you who's the fraidy cat!

That's all for this weekend, Old Sports.  Hopefully there will be more excitement next time!

Jay. 

2 comments:

  1. He needs to have a couple of sessions with Malcolm. Imagine the cat jumping right up on his back. LOL

    ...Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo! That sounds terrifying!!

    ReplyDelete