Saturday 1 March 2014

Au Revoir, My Feathered Friends!

Hello Old Sports!


Listen, we're not talking about Caledon Equine Hospital this weekend, okay? Sure, we're doing things to prepare, but now that it's all sorted out, we're keeping hush hush so as not to freak ourselves out.  So far so good!

We're preparing by working on my manners and cutting off my feathers! I've got some new boots for the trailer ride and Spode wants me to be neat and tidy.  I don't want to get into a hot sweaty mess...

Before-fully feathered. My hair keeps me company when Spode's away. 

Spode didn't have time to french braid my hair, but look! It is long enough! Maybe next year...
And after 45 minutes, all my hair is gone.  Spode says I'm a pro.  This is the third time I've had my hair clipped.  I stood perfectly. Well, I was a little more indignant about my hind legs, but fronts were no problem at all! And my chin and bridle path were clipped without a hitch too.  Happy, happy.
Put your best foot forward in life, Old Sports.
I feel pretty, oh so pretty.  When Spode started clipping, she exclaimed: "oh my god! I forgot you had pasterns under there!" Yeah, I kind of did too.
I love my legs from the knee down, but my forearms look pretty stupid, no? I'll get Spode to fix me up tomorrow!

My hinds are magnifique though! 

Goodbye, my friends:

The shipping boots will hopefully arrive tomorrow.  Then we'll put it all together. For now, I'm just hanging out and looking fly. 
White 'n Bright! 
The day, like all days, was over far too soon.  Even though I had grown a bit impatient by the time I was all clipped up, I still missed Spode when she left.  Trotted to the corner of the field to see her off. 
But, but... where are you going so soon? Can't I come with you?
Until tomorrow, Old Sports!

Jay.


No comments:

Post a Comment