Friday 21 March 2014

Masks Can be Deceiving...


Well, you never really know what lies beneath Fitzgerald's Gatsby, do you?

Poor Spode.  She came home last night to see me, just to check on my eyes.  She called my name and I came running as usual.  Scampered up to the gate, fooled around with her, she laughed... and then she took off my mask.  Oh, "The horror, the horror!"

I think we should call it Schrodinger's Mask...
Yeah, my eye was squeezed shut, very swollen, and oozing goo.  Lovely, right? Poor Spode had a minor heart attack and promptly got to work treating me and tucking me in for a night inside.  It was not very exciting.  I was happy to have a big dose of bute though.  Yum.

This morning the swelling had gone down and there was no more eye goop.  Ahh, much better.  Still, my eye had a distinct blue haze and was a little red in the corners.  Mr. vet came out and squirted dye and water into my eye to check for ulcers.  No worries there, but I did have some pus floating around inside my eye. Aw, jeez, I hope you weren't eating dinner, Old Sport...

So, uveitis again.  Just wonderful.  Two weeks this time, which is better than one and a half, I suppose.
I snort in your general direction
After the vet left, I had some time to kill so Spode and I played in the arena for a bit.  I took advantage of her distracted demeanour and decided to spice things up a bit.
Stop your whining, Spode.  Get! Walk on!
Spode also marvelled at my growth in the hind end, which might also explain why my stifles started locking badly again today (right after the vet left, I might add. Right after he said, "how are his stifles?" and Spode said, "Oh, pretty much fine! They hardly ever lock!" Muahaha.
Bum high? Why yes, yes it is. 
Spode was waiting on the farrier, so we also went for a walk in the field because it was such a nice day and we both needed to get out. It was superb.  
Thanks, mum! Er, Old Sport.
However, I got a little bit too eager and started taking Spode for a walk.  I had other intentions in mind...
Can we please go this way? Thanks. 

Ahhhh! Thanks! I really needed a rest after all that walking. 

Yawn.  So tired.  But also kind of itchy.  Um, uh... *roll*

All better now.  Thanks, Old Sport!
Spode laughed and laughed.  Mission accomplished.  I do what I want, but I do it for her.  I am SUCH a Gatsby figure.  Holla!

So despite the diagnosis, it was a good day.  It was made even better with a phone call to Caledon to confirm that the surgery will be happening in the next few weeks.  I definitely need it! Believe me, I am just as sick of uveitis as Spode is...
I feel so suave, but this mask just doesn't work for me.  Can I tell you a secret? They call me "Googly Eyes".  It's so embarrassing.  So much for my elegant and literary name. 

Until later, Old Sports,

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment