Friday 14 March 2014

On the plus side, Spode and I get an impromptu March Break!

Yeah, so I should have been recovering from surgery right now if all had gone as planned. But no! A snow storm had to go and mess everything up.  To be entirely honest, Spode is more upset about having missed the surgery than I am.  Why? Well Spode showed me this picture from Caledon Equine Hospital.  A fellow equine heading for surgery:
Ahhh! (Photo from Caledon Equine Hospital.) 
Yeah, I'm fine putting that off.

Spode was rather displeased with me today because I got my mask off again, and it's windy.  She says she'll be super angry if I get a bout because of it.  She was extra mad because I had hidden my mask, the fuzzy, and the halter in three different locations and all in the my neighbours paddock.  Darn. I didn't think she'd find them so fast.
Gulp.  I know you're gonna be really mad finding me with a bare head, Spode.  I'm doing my best cute face for you....
Spode checked my eyes thoroughly and my pupil is a-okay (for now) but only time will tell if my nakedness made me worse for wear...

But let's back up a bit. On Wednesday Spode and I played around with the saddle and bridle again since I was not getting on a trailer after all. 
Yup, I still have some growing to do. 

Sometimes I feel a bit like a giraffe...
Mostly I just ran around. I prefer to trot, but that's fine by Spode because she likes to watch me trot.  It's what I call a win-win. The benefit of being all leg.


 Other than that, we had a lot of hugs and I got a whole bunch of treats to stop Spode feeling sorry for herself.  And holy, I was a clean horse that day.  All cleaned up just in time to be turned out into a snow storm.
Gee, thanks, Old Sport.
Yesterday Spode needed something else to do, and she had this big plan to introduce me to umbrellas and plastic bags.  I'm afraid I kind of disappointed her with my reaction.  I was far more concerned about the howling wind than I was the umbrella.  She opened it right in front of me and waved it all around me. Yawn.  Then Spode attached the plastic bag to a whip and waved it around, rubbed it on my back, and brushed my legs with it.  Yeah, I really don't care.  I'm a Clydesdale yo. 

Today we did some ground driving.  I was great for that but Spode got very annoyed that I wouldn't keep my head still while she was tacking up.  She wasn't pleased at the time, but hey! I gave you something to work on, kid! 

Chop chop, kiddo. 
And that's it so far! Not a terrible way to spend your week.  Spode better do some homework too (sheesh, where would she be without me?!) but I'm enjoying the extra attention.  We're almost there! Only three weeks left of Spode being away at school.  After that, I have 4 and a half glorious months with Spode before she's off again.  Looking forward to it, Old Sport!

Until later,
You have how many days of school left!?
Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment