Saturday 25 January 2014

Great, mum. Now I'm going to look like a bug for the rest of my life...

Oh my god.  I look ridiculous, Old Sports! Utterly ridiculous. Spode woke me up in the morning with breakfast, medication (argh), and a stupid looking mask.  I prefer my old one, which made me look like a pirate.  I'd rather be a pirate than a bug any day.

Pirate me:

Bug me (read: you bug me):
Are you actually leaving me out here like this? But I'll be bullied! They'll call me four eyes!

This mask also makes everything darker, which is going to take some getting used to.  Right now I'm still blindfolded on my right side, which is still very annoying.  Actually everything is very annoying, but I am outside again!! I only had to stay in for brekkie today.  Awesome.
Are we going back out yet? Now? Now??
Spode was going to make me do some work today, but the barn was way too busy so I just got to go to my freedom again. 
Ok, you got your photo.  Please take it off now?
Spode left me to ride Striker, who no longer has to wear his mask.  Lucky devil. Maybe he'll take mine off for me...If not, Senator will definitely do it.  Maybe I'll wait a day or two so Spode doesn't go bonkers though. Pretty sure she's gone bonkers at the moment though.  She introduced me to horsey cartoons today in order to explain her feelings.
Sheesh, you're telling me! Stop going over me with a fine tooth comb!

Ha! Story of my life! 
I take the cartoons as a good sign--the first step is admitting you have a problem. 

Anyway, after Spode brought Striker back I came to her to beg for the mask to be removed.  That was when she informed me that I had better get used to it, because this mask is a permanent fixture from now on.  Yeah.  I'll have a surprised, bug-like expression on my face forever and always. 

Well, Old Sports? What do you do when you've just been told you have to wear the human equivalent of a bag over your head forever? You own it. 
I'm gorgeous.  I'm a model.  I'm a new-age, jazz-age gentleman. I'm the epitome of Equine GQ.  A hipster.  In the words of Nick Carraway, I'm worth the whole damn bunch put together.  Just try and call me Four Eyes or The Bug!
Yeah, I got this look.  Thank goodness I'm handsome enough to pull this off.  My cutely crooked blaze is still visible.  That's all I need, really. 

Tomorrow is a work day, and Spode and I are gonna get back on track with training.  Ground driving is out while I'm blind on one side, but I think we'll practice with the saddle.  More clothes!

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment