Sunday 5 January 2014

Gatsby's Great Escape: Episode 2

Phew, Spode has gone back to school! Thank goodness, 'cause I need a break! I tried to tell her in my own way yesterday. Did she listen? No.  She was back out today and she brought along a small child (oh god, children are terrifying!!).  It wasn't too bad, all she did was brush me, but still.  I have had a long enough holiday at this point. I know she just wanted to say good bye because she's back at school for two weeks straight.  I also know it's just going to take two days before I'm pining for her at the gate.  Ah well.  What can you do.  Queen's should rework its schedule based on my needs.  Gatsby's friend Meyer Wolfsheim could have done it, I bet.  And Spode is a "Wolff" so....

Anyway, back to yesterday.  I had a bit of a wild rumpus. I'm blaming it on Spode.  In the words of my beloved Daisy, "Oh, you want too much!"  We did lots of stuff.  First, she started grooming me.  But just as I was getting into the curry combing, the arena was open so we went in and did some running.
It started out calm

La la la, all is good.

Can we stop now?
But Spode wanted me to run a bit more, so then my sillies came out.  See? Her fault.

Ahh! A wall out of nowhere!


Levade?
After that, we headed back to the barn to finish the grooming, and then she turfed me out into the paddock and brought Striker in instead.  Just as I was settling into eating my hay and chillaxing with the boys, Spode brought me back in and made me play pony again. Ugh.  I was a bit grumpy about that. I got over it after a few minutes though and just did what was asked of me.  Then it was back to the barn and she took pictures of my feet.  Are you kidding me!? Ugh! That was the last straw.  Spode needed a sign. 
Yes, I know.  The cracks I've had forever are finally growing down and are no longer at the coronet band.  Woohoo!

Yes, the back one too.  I know it's exciting, but you need to control yourself and let me outside now. 
It just so happened that as I was thinking that, the barn manager was getting ready to put a round bale out in the field.  Aha!  Now's my chance! Spode must have been reading my mind though. She headed my way to make sure I didn't escape through the gate.  Well let me tell you, Old Sport.  I'm a lot bigger than Spode, and her hand waving doesn't scare me one bit. I managed to get all the horses being silly and tearing around the paddock, getting in the way of tractors... everything you can think of.  Then it was my time.  I made a bee line for the gate just as the tractor was exiting the paddock.  Bingo! Spode made a wild grab for me, but I was gone.  I cantered away and then laughed as Spode ran for the halter.  Now, although I'm a self-proclaimed smarty pants, I didn't actually think about what to do after I escaped.  I slowed down to a walk and then just avoided Spode.  Eventually I just didn't know what else to do though, so I turned around and came to her.  I scared her enough.  I think she got the message.  Well, or so I thought until today.  Sigh. 
So, are you just going to give me a treat and let me out, or...?
Oh rats. 
Until later, Old Sports.  I'm on holiday. Zzzzz

Jay.




No comments:

Post a Comment