Friday 17 January 2014

"Love is Blindness"--Oh sorry, is it too soon?

Spode says it is.  But I'm not Spode, so here goes:
Jack White's Love is Blindness--The Great Gatsby

Anyway, even if Spode says it's too soon because she's still freaking out about the possibilities of my eye condition, the song can apply to her because she's the one blinding me.  Love, right? She didn't dress me up like a pirate for nothing...
Arrr, me hearties! I mean, arrr, my old sports!

Yeah, so let's back up a bit.  I've been inside for a week because I have Uveitis.  Yeah, that scary thing.  But hold your horses! (If you've got 'em).  Spode jumps to the worst possibility sometimes.  I'm okay! Who knows what's going to happen so let's all just take a calm, deep breath... 
My own reaction to the diagnosis? "Well $&*#!!" Hey, don't blame me.  I don't have a horse to hold! 
Last Wednesday, my eye was cloudy and bluish, I was squinting because the light was hurting my eyes, and I had a tear running down my face.  I was a sad Gatsby.  One week later, I can now open my eye and there's no more swelling, but the blush haze is still there.  That means I have another round of steroids and eye drops to go through. The worst. Almost as bad as being stuck inside for a week! I'm so bored. And I cam running into things because of Spode's blindfold. 

On the plus side, I got this delicious Likit.  In fact, I got two of them.  Demolished them both in record time!  You could call me a likit expert at this point! But the truth is, I'd rather be outside.  It's stressing me out, and I've lost some weight. My shoulder muscle is aching from sleeping on it and not moving around much.  I need to get back out! But I have to wait just a bit longer.  There are too many horses in my field and I'd probably wind up getting hurt with my eye patch.  Spode is thinking that I can start by going out at night though, when there are just 3 of them out there.  Maybe even tomorrow! For now I'm enjoying spending several hours in my pen, which is about 3 times the size of my stall. And it's OUTSIDE, which makes it ten times better than the stall!

Freedom, baby! Well, kind of...not really...
I have a pretty strict routine now.  Medication all the time, it seems.  And it's awful stuff! They tie me to a post and then just go right for my eyeball! Pull down my eye lid, drop in some liquid, and then smear this cream along the inside of my eye lid! ABUSE! But yeah, it's for my own good, I know, I know, I know.  (Also, carrots!)

My buddy Striker has joined the medication party, but he gets way less than me and still gets to go outside.  He's masked like me, but doesn't have to be a pirate...
Hi! Welcome home, Spode! Want to join me down here for some Cuddle Time? YES!
 
Yeah, Striker was all cuddly cuddly with Spode when she got back.  Me? I tried to kick her.  This is love, baby! Spode was very angry.  I'll admit, I've never even threatened to do that before, but can you really blame me? I've been cooped up all week! I'm going crazy! Spode was very cross anyway and I got severely reprimanded, but then she let me go a bit crazy.
Why have you imprisoned me here?! Why I oughta....
This is what I think of this whole situation!
Oh good! You got the message!

Yeah, yeah! I got this extension!

And a pirouette for good measure! Half blind, not bad!
Ah, that felt good! After I had my fill of playing around, Spode and I went for a long walk.  It was great.  I didn't try to kick her after that.  I just smiled...
Freedom feels so good!

Thanks so much! I'm looking' at you, Spode! (Wait, am I?) 
Right now I'm back in my stall trying not to complain too much.  Got a Spode filled day ahead of me, and lots of carrots.  My eye doesn't hurt me so much anymore, and I am truly thankful for that.  Counting down the days till Mrs. Vet comes again to tell me I'm okay (we allll hope!)

Until later, Old Sports.

One-Eyed Jay.












No comments:

Post a Comment