Thursday 25 July 2013

"He's as Healthy as a Horse!"

What a silly thing for a vet to say.  I could have told him that. Yep, the vet was here today.  I loved him because he fed me tons of treats! Way more than Spode EVER gives me (which is saying something, I guess, because the horses tell me Spode is a horse spoiler like no other).

Mr. Vet said that he wants to make the early vet days as positive as possible.  Fine by me.  Taking my temperature kind of sucked, but the treats made up for it.  Spode and Mr. Vet discussed my feet.  Mr. Vet checked them out and said he's not at all worried about my front ones, despite a long thin crack in my white one.  My back ones worry him a little because of a "flare crack" but he hopes Mr. Farrier can get on top of it without shoes (shoes? huh?).  Told Spode not to worry...but I could feel that that didn't help her much!

Speaking of worry, Spode also asked him to check my eyes again, even though the last vet checked them and gave me the all clear.  Surprise, surprise, my eyes are still fine. So I got a flashlight shined in my eyeballs for no reason at all.  Sigh... this is the life I've gotten myself into.  I have a worrywart for an owner.  I bet if she was a horse, she'd be a crazy pacing/weaving Thoroughbred...  She needs some Clyde to calm her down.  Oh. Hey.

Mr. Vet had nothing but nice things to say about me.  My ego is growing by the day.  I really sucked up to him--I put my head in his arms at one point.  Yeah, everyone loves Gatsby.  There will be line ups to attend my parties! The yellow cocktail music is coming.
The vet and Spode did confuse me a bit talking about "breaking".  Breaking what? Me??  Why do they want to break me!? The vet rubbed my spine and pat me hard all over and said "I bet you could climb up right now, if you wanted to.  Although I'm not sure how you'd get up there..." to which Spode replied, "I'm waiting another year and a half, at least..."  WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT!?  I'm going to have to have a chat with my next door neighbour:
Hey Merlin, did they break you, too?

Anyway, the vet wished her luck with...whatever it is Spode is planning.   I'll figure it out sometime.  In other news, Spode was super happy with me and with how good I've been with my feet.  She's going away this weekend.  That means not having to pick up my feet or be sprayed (woooo!) but it also means no extra food or attention, which I love.  I come running over for attention all the time! It makes Spode happy and it makes me happy--a win-win. 

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment