Tuesday 30 July 2013

Pedicures, Spa Days, and Now Different Coloured Shirts!

“I’ve got a man in England who buys me clothes. He sends over a selection of things at the beginning of each season, spring and fall.” (Chapter 5!)

I'm as pampered as my namesake now.  I had a pedicure today.  Hmm, I wonder if Fitzgerald's Gatsby ever had one of those? Must have. 

Anyway, it was quite scary.  The guy came in and pat me but he smelled like...feet.  It was a little weird.  Then he brought in all these metal things.  He had a stand that I didn't like.  It was big and looked sharp.  No thanks.  I wanted a pedicure, not an amputation!

The foot fairy's name (or is farrier?) was Jesse.  He was gentle but persistent and wouldn't let me lean all my weight on him so I can get my foot back.  It works on Spode because she's not so strong, but the foot fairy is a lot better at it than Spode.  He won.  He clipped off my toes but that was all I would let him do in the front.  He kept trying to get my foot forward so he could use a big nail file on me, but I said no.  He tried for a while but eventually he said he didn't want to stress me too much so we should try it again next time.  Spode promised to work on having my foot up and forward.  Oh joy, another thing to look forward to.

Anyway, so Spode was slightly disappointed that my feet weren't made beautiful right away, but she was pleased with my behaviour.  They are much better! The foot fairy will be out again in 4 weeks to try and get them better and correct my deformed hind feet.


Before

Before

Before

After

After

Right Hind After

Left Hind After

Front Left After
 Ahhh.  Feels so much better.  The foot fairy said that aside from the strange way my feet have grown with no care or attention, I have very good quality hooves.  They're big, strong, and healthy looking.  Just what we want.  I can thank my clyde side for my feet!!
Spode! Get over here and clean up this mess!
Ok, so that was my pedicure.  After that I tried on some clothes. First, what Spode called a saddle pad.  She threw it all over me: my neck, my head, my butt, and then my back.  Silly girl.  I was a little worried at first but relaxed when I realized Spode was doing her usual silly stuff.  She likes dressing me up, it seems.
Ok, I don't care.  Now can you please take it off until next year?
 Next up was a blanket, which was much scarier.  I backed up to the end of the barn as soon as Spode brought it out, but she kept following me around until I stood.  I still wouldn't let her get it on my back so eventually she gave in and put me in my stall.  Then I knew I had no choice but to stand still while she threw it on.  I was fine with that, and she told me I was silly.  Yeah, we both have each other figured out, I guess.  It's my colour, so I eventually agreed to wear it.  We'll go with that.  It was hot and it might a funny scratchy sound when I moved.  Still, not a big deal.  I just hope I don't have to wear it too much! I've heard that my Spode is addicted to blankets...
The Green Light is all around me!
Spode took me out to eat some grass in a different paddock.  I was scared of a noise in a tree coming from something I couldn't see.  I ripped the rope right out of Spode's hand and took off.  She was not happy with me.  I shouldn't have done that.  It just meant that she spent 20 minutes making me stand perfectly still with my butt to the scary stuff.  More work.  Sigh.  Also, I learned that she is pretty fast and can keep up with me at the canter for short periods of time.  Yeah, I tried the same stunt and that time she refused to let go so ran beside me.  Twice. She's a determined little person.

I had one more change of clothes after that.  My pink flannel suit.  Er, fly mask.  For reference, this is my namesake wearing his famous pink rag of a suit.
My car is pretty sweet looking too, isn't it?

Mr. Gatsby himself. Yeah, baby. 
So, Spode says she was in the store and she spied this little number, and she couldn't resist...
Pink? Really? Ok, well if Fitzgerald's Gatsby can pull it off, so can I.

Yeah, the GQ editors will be lining up to get some of this.

All in all, a busy and eventful day.  I feel like a clothes horse, but a fashionable one.

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment