Sunday 28 July 2013

Spode's Gone! Quick, Let's Throw a Party!

It was my first weekend home alone, and I had a grand old time without my mum around.

Let's see...

On Friday, mum came over for about 5 minutes and all she did was give me treats and hug me and kiss me.  Spode was sad for some reason, so she chatted to me about some things I didn't understand, hugged me thank you and said, "See Gatsby?  This is why I have you.  Good job earning your keep!"  She arrived teary eyed and left with a smile.  Job done, I guess.  If all I have to do to make her happy is stand still, I've really landed on my feet at this place! Only time will tell.

Unfortunately, my weekend started out a little rough.  Dinner was late because my feeder was late and had forgotten that Spode left her in charge.  I was a little bit grumbly, but hey: better late than never.

Merlin and I partied hard in the evening.  He likes the jazz.  We got along well, and our Yellow Cocktail Music could be heard for miles. I'm doing Fitzgerald proud, Old Sport.

On Saturday I had a real adventure.  A new horse arrived, and he smelled a little scary.  He's a black stallion named Brother Willie.  I'm a little afraid of him.  I'm glad he's 3 paddocks down from me.  Or so I thought... He jumped two fences to get with Alex and Merlin, and he was headed for me next.  I really missed Spode then!!! A guy came and rescued me by taking me to the sand ring away from Will, but I was scared.  I wanted my Spode to know it was okay.  No one else has done anything else with me, so it was a very new experience.

After Will was caught and locked in the barn, I was led back out to my home.  What a day.

Today was okay.  In the afternoon Spode came back and was very confused when she saw that someone had left my halter on and I was covered in sandy mud from the ring.  I was also still feeling a bit anxious, so I didn't come running up to see her like usual.  Cue Spode's anxiety (I can feel it!).  I let her know I was okay though when she came out to sit in the paddock with me.  We just chilled out for a while, and it was nice:

Ah, reunited at last.   One day without Spode was pretty eventful.  She said it was a good warm up for the fall when she has to go back for learnin' English.

Glad to have her back.

Until Later, Old Sports.

Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment