Wednesday 24 July 2013

Treats are Tasty, Thumbs are Not

Here I've been thinking Spode has been trying to poison me with those food stuffs she holds in her hands (especially the long orange ones), when in actual fact... THEY ARE DELICIOUS!  I love them now. I love them so much, in fact, that I walked on to the big metal box the other day to get them! This metal box was different than the one I arrived in.  This one was narrow and had a black ramp that made noise and moved.  It was scary, but boy, those treats are good!

I did have one mouthful that wasn't tasty though.  I bit down on something fleshy and Spode made a funny noise (not that that's unusual...).  Well, turns out it was her thumb.  I spit it out.  Blech.  Treats: tasty. Human: gross. I have to be more careful of what I put in my mouth!

Aside from that we have been having some good days.  The big metal box wasn't a big deal after I got used to the ramp.  I'm also letting Spode touch my feet and brush them out.  I'm pretty good at balancing when she works on my right side, but when she touches my black hoof I can't hold it for very long without almost falling.  I just don't want her to touch my black leg, really.  I mean, seriously--it's already changed colour once.  Who knows what might change next!? It could fall off!

Now that I know how good treats are, though, perhaps I'll let her have my feet more often.  She keeps telling me that I have to get good because the "farrier" has to come out.  I'm not sure what that's all about.  According to her, my feet are a mess.  I like them just fine.  I can't see the bottom of them though, so maybe she's onto something...

 Egads!! 

Fine.  Maybe I have a problem... It's Spode's clip job! 

Tomorrow the vet is coming back though, so first things first.  I need another "shot" to prevent me from frothing at the mouth and becoming psychotic.  Hmmm, yes, I think a shot might be a good idea.  So long as I get treats afterwards. *cough, cough*  

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment