Sunday 1 September 2013

Fox Hollow? Oh, you mean West Egg!

Today was my big move! It was a bit scary. A lot scary.  Actually, I mostly blame that on Spode, because she is crazy. More on that soon.

I knew I was leaving as soon as Spode came up to my paddock, since she told me all about it already. Poor Merlin was sad to see me go.  I'll miss my Friesian buddy.
No, Spode! Don't take him away from me!!

Erm, Spode? Can we get this show on the road already?
Spode brushed me from muzzle to tail and bathed my legs to make them gleam white.  She said we had to make a good impression. Spode's family showed up later and she put on my boots, and off we went. I walked on without hesitation and stayed with Spode while she fed me a carrot and I ate fresh hay in the hay net. Her parents put up the bum bar and ramp and then we were off.  Almost.  Spode was holding me and I could feel her start shaking.  Then I could see her shaking... Holy moly she was getting more nervous every second! I was glad when she shut the door, but she had made me nervous already.  We had to wait to pull out of the driveway, so I started kicking.  I heard later that this made Spode cry.  She gave me this stuff called Chill to help me relax, but I think we both would have been better off if she had taken it rather than me.  Just sayin'.

I kicked again at a red light and at a stop sign, but I couldn't get much power stuck in the metal box, so all I did was rock the trailer a bit.  When we were moving I had to balance myself, so no kicking then.  Spode says I'll probably be better off in a stock trailer when I've grown up.  I agree!

I was quite patient getting off the trailer, again despite Spode's shaking.  Her old horse made her paranoid about trailering, from what I gather.
Calm down, Spode! I'm all Chilled out!

Holy moly!? Where the heck am I!?!?

I sort of ignored Spode once I was off.  She just let me walk in a circle while she calmed down. Win-win.
Please don't make me go in there again.

Hmm, let's go this way, shall we?

And how about over here....

And oh look! Over here...
After I walked around for a bit, Spode took me over to my new field.  It's bigger than my old one, and there's more grass, but I felt so alone! I was promised friends, and there were none! Sure, I had buddies on either side of me, but none actually in my paddock.  Shucks.  Spode promises that I'll be introduced to friends tomorrow.  I'm excited.  I just wandered around the paddock smelling everything and seeing the horses across the fence.  There's a black one who looks pretty mean, so I stay away from him. I hope whoever is with me tomorrow is nice! Otherwise Spode might get nervous again...

Are you leaving already?
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.  It sure was an eventful day! So many things to check out tomorrow.  The barn, the arena, the sand ring, the round pen... I'm ready!

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment