Thursday 29 August 2013

Baby, I Was Born This Way

Old Sports, I am a true Clyde at heart.  Now that fly spray, leading, and wearing tack is all old hat, Spode introduced me to a new exercise: driving.  Oh yes, this is what I was bred to do.  In true Clyde fashion, I took to it very easily.  Nary a kick to be felt! I was a little anxious about the lines at first, but then Spode turned my head left and right with them, telling me I was such a great Gatsby.  Then I got the gist of it.

Ok Spode.  I'll even bend my neck to show off for you--I just know you love that!

Spode drove me up and down the ring a few times, turning me this way and that.  Then we called it a day and she let me eat.  Which was good, because it was hot! She gave me a shower too, which I'm not a huge fan of, but I'll do it for Spode...
That's not all I've done this week.  Spode's cousin also came to check me out.  I hear that she'll be giving Spode and I lessons in the future when she finally breaks me in (boooo. No one ever asked me!).  I think she liked me! I refused to show off my moves for her because of the heat.  Besides, it wasn't a party day.  I can only party so much.  Even Fitzgerald's Gatsby didn't have wild nights every night. 

Today I had my farrier visit.  I was a very good boy and thus received many treats (I helped myself yesterday when Spode wasn't looking.  It was all going according to plan until I spilled them all over the floor and Spode turned around to see what I was up to.  Drats!) 
My farrier took a whole lot of hoof off but I still have some flaring.  Spode is happier though.  She says I look almost normal now (Spode is a bit of a jerk sometimes.  Considering her English degree, you would think that she could come up with a nicer way of describing my wonderful hooves!)

My lovely fronts.  Bit of flaring on the inside of both of them, but it's becoming equal. 

Admittedly my hinds are still very strange looking, but 100 times better! 
See? Look at my pretty even front hoof!
This here is my problem hoof.  The other hind looks almost normal, but I do have some trouble with this one.  I hurt my frog...

Anyway, it's been an eventful week as Spode prepares for my big move on Sunday.  I will miss all my buddies here.  I'm a little nervous.  However, that may or may not be Spode's anxiety rubbing off on me.  I do worry about the rumours.  What if, like Fitzgerald's Gatsby, the other horses go around telling each other that I killed a man once?  I'll need to carry around some photos and other items to prove myself! 

Well, that's another day.  One more day of relaxing.  Spode wants to braid my mane again and wash my legs, and then hopefully she'll just let me eat for the rest of my days! 

Until later, Old Sports.
Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment