Monday 5 August 2013

Turns Out Humans Come in Size Small, Too.

Spode brought a miniature human with her today.  Her name is Ally.  The first thing she did was feed me grass, so I knew we would get on pretty well, but I was a little wary nonetheless.  

I was initially pretty disappointed because they took my next door neighbour, Merlin, out instead of me.  Ugh. Not fair. But later I saw the little one standing on his back.  Er, okay.  Maybe hanging out in my paddock isn't so bad after all.

After they were done treating Merlin like a jungle gym, they came and got me.  Ally won me over again here because she took out my braids that have been making me itch. Literally.
Stretch those arms, Ally! Get em out!!

Ahhh, feels so much better. And I always wanted curls!
Then things got a little weird. She started making noises and...dancing.  It was most strange. I've never seen anything like it.  It was quite the little entertainment show I had going on while Spode brushed me.
This was my attitude before the dance show...

And this is after.  Even Spode was enjoying the show!
Little humans are odd.  But in a good way.  It was a great grooming session in the barn today because of it, plus Spode was pretty generous with the scratches.
Oooh, that's the spot.  Yeah, yeah--right there!

Ooh, yeah, there's another one! Ah, heaven.
 Unfortunately the fun stopped there.  When Spode had brushed all she could brushed, she glared at my stockings and said I was dirty and should have done my laundry. She then dragged me into the wash stall.  This can only mean one thing, and it's a thing I do not like...
OH NO! NOT THE BUCKET!!
IT'S TOUCHING ME!!!
You really need to bathe my feet? You humans are all odd, be you big or little.
As always, I had to put up with her eventually.  I still don't see the point though.  My legs will be just as dirty tomorrow.  Sorry to disappoint you. I don't know why you do this to yourself, really.
To top off the indignity, I then had to wait inside for my legs to dry so that I didn't get hideously dirty. While we were waiting, Spode decided to make me wear a bridle again.  I was only saved from the boots because my legs were wet.  Small miracles.  Spode would also like me to get well used to bridling so that I can do showmanship next year.  Next year!! So why do I need to wear it now?
Sigh, okay.  Whatevs. 
Dance for me, Ally?
After that, Ally's mum came and they all stared at me for a while.  I was reminded of the day Spode came to look at me in Richmond.  She stared and stared.  Weird humans. For my literary friends, I was also reminded of chapter 3 of The Great Book.  Fitzgerald is always relevant.  Didn't I tell you that?  Of course I did.  Pay attention, or Spode will pull a Miss. Wolff on you and start blabbing on about green lights. Yes, yes.  We're all "borne back ceaselessly into the past".  I know, Miss. Wolff.  Sheesh, sometimes you're as repetitive as the colour grey in chapter 2! Oh dear, Spode's obsession is starting to rub off on me... Next thing you know I'll be getting a degree from Queen's.

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment