Thursday 22 August 2013

Spode the Rag-doll.

I got in trouble with my girl yesterday.  Oh boy. But let me start at the beginning, because I believe it was kind of her fault.  Maybe I'm a little biased, but hay.

Spode brought me in, and because it was so hot and I was so filthy, she decided it was time for another bath. Oh joy.  In truth, I didn't mind it too much because I was getting a little sweaty.  I stood still for her while she hosed me off.  See, that got me on her good side because it was so much better than last time!
Get this soap off.  Now! 
Spode let me eat lots of grass while I dried off, but then she told me we had to leave and go back to my paddock. Argh, that is the bane of my existence!  I wish I could stay and eat all day.
Because Spode gets annoyed when I don't leave with her right away, I did pick up my head fairly quickly, but then I didn't stop.  I dragged her pretty much all the way up the driveway and then some.  I went past my gate while Spode frantically tried tugging on my rope and smacking my chest (oh, she is like a little fly!).  It was hilarious.  When I turned my head one way, Spode would be whipped around with me.  I own a rag-doll! Sweet! Spode eventually had to grab my nose and stare me in the eye, and yelled WHOA! I had to stop then.  She was the most annoyed she's been so far.  She was even angrier than when I reared up and hit her hand when I first met her.  She says I'm a big boy now and I know better than to drag her around like she doesn't matter.

I did learn my lesson because she put me in my paddock, latched the gate, and then turned away in a huff without a treat.  I also turned away in a huff: I wheeled around, bucked, and cantered off.  When she drove past in her van I cantered after her waiting for my treat, but it never did arrive.  I can only push Spode so far, it seems. She did come back later and feed me my dinner, so at least there's that.

Today Spode was only around for a bit because of the rain, but she was thrilled with how soft and clean I was.  My hair is pristine. But only for today.
I'm sorry...
I played jollyball with Spode for a bit after she fixed my fence.  Merlin and I have decided that we should try and make our two paddocks one before I leave next week. We'll succeed eventually! 

I'll see how I feel tomorrow and whether I want Spode to be my rag-doll again!

Until later, Old Sports.
Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment