Tuesday 20 August 2013

More Dress Up.

She's at it again, Old Sports.  More clothes to try on. It was more things for my legs, today.  She called them "shipping boots", though I've no idea why.  I don't plan to ever go on a ship (Spode is actually contemplating that very thing, but I say neigh!  Well, I think I do.).  Oh well, we weren't travelling anywhere today so I agreed to stand still while she tried them on me.  She told me not to feel embarrassed by them.  She knows they are too small but it's all she has at the moment.  Her previous horse had shorter legs.  She would rather I not wear them all the time anyway.  She'll get me my very own--or some guy she knows named Santa Claus will.  I'm not too bothered, personally, but Spode's the boss--usually.

Before she put on the shipping boots (arrrr, me hearties!) I had to try on bell boots.  Again she apologized for the size and incorrect colour.  They were much too small. She could barely get the velcro done up around my heel.  Alas, they were done up tight enough that I could not stomp them off. I tried and tried, but my stomping did no good.
Blue was not mentioned in The Great Gatsby nearly enough to warrant this, Spode!  
Next up were the shipping boots. They were too loose at first so slouched down.  I think she was trying to make me hate them.  Wrong colour, too small, too loose.  Sheesh, for a horse I sure have to put up with a lot.
Seriously? You think I look cute!? I beg to differ...
If I close my eyes real tight, maybe the boots will be off when I open them again.  There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home...
Unfortunately they were still on, and then I had to put on the back boots, too. Oh Spode.  Why?
If you leave these on me all night, I swear to Fitzgerald...
At least Spode is always nice enough to let me eat grass after I try on my clothes.  They weren't too scary until I kicked a fly off my belly and it made a swish noise.  I ran a little bit until I realized what it was.  Oops. At least Spode is always nice enough to let me eat grass after I try on my clothes. Mostly she just enjoys staring at my pretty tail...

And gazing adoringly at my handsome profile...

I don't mind.  She likes to watch m and I get to eat, so it really is a win win.  Until she makes me leave. I hate that, especially.
After Spode was done, she took off my boots, kissed me good night, and fed me some more treats.  Life is good, my friends. Life is good.

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment