Wednesday 7 August 2013

Fitzgerald's Gatsby drives fast, but I run fast!

Well, I'm not sure about Spode, but I know that I had fun today!

First, I tricked Spode because I had my left side facing her when she drove in the driveway.  Sure, I looked pretty clean from that side, but once she finally got a view of my right side... Spode's jaw actually dropped.  It was the best mud layer I had ever built up.  Must have been 2 centimetres thick all the way across.  I laughed all the way to the barn until Spode immediately dragged me into the wash stall.  Ah, okay.  Joke's on me.

Yeah, so I was hosed off and curried thoroughly.  Grr.  Here I was thinking Spode would just groom me and get mud all over herself as a result. The next barn doesn't have a wash stall, I hear, so I'll have to try my stunt again in a month!

After my unexpected bath, I went out for a walk in the "grand prix" ring.  It was only my second time in there because being alone makes me nervous.  I trust Spode more every day though, so it's okay.  Yesterday she made me walk in the water jump, which was absolutely terrifying.  We fought over it for a good 20 minutes and, as usual, Spode won. Sigh. I actually felt a bit silly when I finally stepped down into it. It really wan't that scary.

Today Spode made me climb the big hill.

Hey, if I can eat grass, I'm cool with whatever. Going down the hill was hard because Spode wouldn't let me run down it.  I had to walk slowly and it made my, um, well... my butt muscles work. Heh. 

I did have a few runs today though.  Spode decided it was time for me to learn to trot beside her on the lead line.  I didn't understand it for a while.  First Spode had to drag me around and I just kept walking. I finally trotted and she made a big fuss of me.  I thought to myself, "ok.  I got this.  I'll do exactly as you ask, Spode..."  She clicked her tongue and started to run.  So did I.  I cantered, in fact.  And then I bucked.  And then I hopped into the air.  Oh boy was Spode angry. We tried again and got a similar result.  I still didn't get it.  I cantered a circle around and tried to take Spode with me.  We tried again, but this time Spode made very slight speed adjustments at the walk first.  Super slow, super fast walk, super slow, whoa, super fast... and eventually she eased me into a trot.  Ok, I think I got it! Spode says she'll see if I understand the concept tomorrow and will work on it if not.  I get it, I promise!! 

Because I was so speedy and silly on the lead today, Spode decided to let me rip in the sand ring. 
Yeah, baby! Let's go, go, go! 
For my literary friends, I've taken after Fitzgerald's characters and have a penchant for careless driving. Oh boy, I'd better make sure Spode NEVER EVER lets anyone called Daisy ride me! We'd crash for sure.

So much fun.  I hope Spode will let me do that more often. I know she worries about my legs though.  I  circle too tight and she gets nervous. It's worse now that she is 90% sure I do have a small splint.  Letting me run occasionally is just fine though! I swear! Please??

After that, Spode let took me back to my paddock and gave me my dinner.  Good day... for me, at least!

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment