Tuesday 13 August 2013

I May Not Be a Paint, But I Do Have Colour!

Well Old Sports, life has been pretty dull these past few days.  I haven't learned anything new.  Just same old, same old.  I did finally make it past the barn, which Spode is pleased about.  She's happy I'm getting brave and she's happy that I don't rely on the other horses so much.  Meh, Spode makes a good substitute for a horse anyway....

I'm starting to get real shiny these days, which Spode is just thrilled about.  My coat is a little bit coarse and she worries I won't get really shiny and soft, but we noticed a difference today.  She says with regular grooming, my recent diet change, and a good deworming schedule I should get better and better.  

My mane flipped over again today though, so I expect I shall have some more braids coming soon.  Sigh.  Believe me, if I had control of my mane, it would be on the right side.

Luckily I didn't have to stand for braiding today.  Instead I got to play with garbage.  Literally. 
Yeah, I'll just shake this around and see if I can fit it allll in my mouth. 
After I finished playing, I went out to eat before a storm rolled in.

Eating was cut pretty short today because of that storm, but a small snack was nice. While I was eating, Spode searched for white hairs.  She told me that I'm a sabino, which is the colour I inherited from my clydesdale side.  Sabino, apparently, is the reason for my stockings that end like an overo paint, and my big old blaze.  It's also why my flanks are speckled. 
There, I'm speckly! 
Spode looked for white belly spots, but just like every other time she's searched for them, she didn't see any. My tail has quite a lot of grey hairs, but no belly spots for me. We'll have to wait and see how my colour continues to change.  I'm betting on more greys on my flank! Spode agrees.  Bring on my spring coat next year!

Sorry, all.  That's all the excitement I have for today.

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment