Saturday 28 December 2013

Ponying? But I am not a pony!!

Phew, it's been a busy few days, Old Sports! Spode has been asking a lot of me, taking no sympathy on me for my still sore eyes (never fear, they're almost 100% again, and as long as they look the same tomorrow, no more eye drops for me!).  Actually, about that... Spode was rather upset with me because I destroyed my pink rag of a fly mask/suit.  It wasn't my fault! The other horses wanted to play! I can't resist peer pressure, I just can't.  As a wannabe teacher, I hope Spode will understand how difficult it is not to get wrapped up in teenage hijinks.  There are too many of us young'ns in that field.  You can't expect us to be good all the time.  She should just be thankful I didn't rip the entirety of the blanket.  She knows I could've if I wanted to...
Anyway, I tried to bury the evidence of our teenage hijinks, but Spode was a woman on a mission searching in the field, and eventually she uncovered it.
Oops.  And Spode found the missing ear yesterday! 
Anyway, despite the trouble I was in, Spode still wanted to play with me and dress me up in my Christmas bell boots.  So flashy.  I'm a flashy dresser, just like Fitzgerald's Gatsby.  I could make Daisy cry with all my beautiful clothes.
I have the green light on my feet!

My green lights are coming for you!
We did do some work, not just gazing.  Sigh.  But not as much work as we did yesterday! I was introduced to cavaletti yesterday.  It was okay.  Very similar to the trot poles, actually.  I just had to think about it a little more.  I didn't trip, so Spode was thrilled, and we spent the rest of the day out in the field.  Spode wanted to take pictures, but I was not interested in standing still anymore, so we got stuck in the snow together.  Literally.

But my eyes! Can't you see how tired I am?
I was really tired of photos...
Hmm, is there any food buried under here for me?

No? Well, do you have any for me then?

Why do you keep moving away from me? I'm just going to keep following your tracks you know...
Well, that was a terrible idea.  Now I'm stuck in the tractor rut I fell into!

Hmm, well, might as well have a pee break while I'm stuck...

Help! 
I didn't just get stuck in the snow, either.  I also got stuck under the wind break.  My height combined with the snow means I can't duck under there so easily anymore.  I need to bend my knees!

I can do it!

Wait, no.  No I can't...

 Anyway, today we had even more work to do.  I had my very first introduction to ponying with Striker.  I was a little confused for a while.
Hey, what are these leather things attached to your bit? Can I eat them? Oh my god, it makes you turn! I love it!!

Now what?

Am I supposed to knock you off Striker? Because that sounds like fun to me, and I'm sure Striker would agree.

We did lots of walking and whoaing, and Striker and I were getting along well.  I was eating him a little too much, according to Spode, but he didn't seem to mind being my chew toy when I got bored.  Nah, I wasn't that annoying.  We were pretty good at whoaing and walking together as soon as Spode said the word after only 5 or 10 minutes.  But then suddenly we were trotting.  Ah!!! Spode made me trot on the inside at first, but I'm a little too fast fro Striker, so I kept breaking to a walk and then being too slow.  So frustrating.  But then we changed direction and I was on the outside, and that was perfect! We quite enjoyed ourselves, us three! 
Ah, Okay.  I see the point, Old Sport!

Hmm, okay, this is a little more tricky, but I'm doing it!

WEEEE! 
A great first introduction to ponying, but I really take issue with the name.  Can we call it Gatsbying instead? That sounds much more suitable to me! 

Until later, Old Sports!

Jay.



No comments:

Post a Comment