Sunday 8 December 2013

This is What Family Feels Like!

Happy day, Old Sports, Happy Day! I had a visitor come to my lonely abode.

That's right, I think Spode must have read yesterday's piteous blog post and...taken pity on me.  Today her mum and a friend stopped by to say hello to me and remove that mud and those tangles.  Most importantly, I got treats!

Good lord it's a human related to my human.  I'M COMING!!
She took pictures with me and fed me treats.  I then started to get nippy.  The only reason I'm putting that here where Spode can see is because I know she'll hear about it anyway.  There's no way to hide it.  I suspect i'll be in big trouble for that upon her return... sigh. Oops.  I just can't resist... 

These aren't my usual cross ties, but okay! Just groom me and get my itchy spots! Also, more treats??
Spode's mum and her friend cleaned me up and checked me over.  All good! I've behaved myself while Spode's not around to look after minor booboos.  It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.  Not as pleasant as with Spode (she gives me more treats because she's a suck!) but I felt like I was a true part of the family today, and family is a good!

Look, Spode! Your mum fixed my mane so it's lying on the correct side...for 5 minutes. 
After I took Spode's mum for a brief walk, she let me back out and checked on Striker dude for Spode too.  Hey, now you're stealing my family too!? What is this!?
Yo, Spode. I'm cool, dawg--don't hurry home.  Loving this no work thing! 
We got into a bit of an argument over it, I'm afraid.  Sorry Spode, I know you're unimpressed...

MY TREAT!!
Before I knew it, they were heading back to the gate.  Way too soon! 
What?


Already? But, but, but...
Yep, I was definitely not happy to see them go.  But they assured me that Spode is returning on Friday, so I don't have too much longer to wait! I'll be counting down the days.  I need an advent calendar...

Until later, Old Sports.

Jay.





No comments:

Post a Comment